Oh So 70's...

Monday, November 15, 2010




7 Minute Sketches Above



Our latest project for Joe Denaro is to design a 70's inspired poster. We have free reign on this one and have once again requested the models dress in costume for class. I've had an absolute field day scouting 70's references. FIT happens to have the most amazing book collection and I've taken total advantage of it's accessibility. I've included in this post my 7 minute drawings from this past Friday's class, along with my favorite references thus far from TASCHEN's Fashion of the 70's. These are actual vintage fashion and beauty ads from the decade. I so wish we could time travel. Enjoy!!

13 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the 7 Minute Sketches!!! and Love colours! The 2nd and 3rd one are just wonderful!! :)

    I hadn't heard about Tim Walker, but have for sure seen his photos before, great work! Yhea, and I agree, it's the same kind of style :)

    take care
    xx

    johanna, sweden
    art

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady in leopard print and the drawing after it are my favourits. Really great! It must be so cool to study this! :-))))


    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you all so so much!! I'm so flattered. M it has been so cool going back and looking at all the 70's fashion. Amazing how much stuff gets recycled xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes, the lovely 70's, the fashion was just so over the top and great, you've captured it so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Veronika!! I really owe it to the models actually. They came so prepared with some of the best vintage fashions from the decade. It was so exciting and inspiring to draw xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. 70s are SO HUGE right now! LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEE this work of yours!!!! Can you draw me 70s style?! :P

    xx.M

    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Send me a reference girl and I'll do it!! You are already so boho chic fabulous, it shouldn't be much of a challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merci beaucoup Hiven!! Thank-you so much for dropping by xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is maybe your best work! The 1st and the 3rs are my favourite one :D
    .

    check out our fashion illustrations at http://www.illustrated-moodboard.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks girlies, the 70's and I connect very well apparently lol...

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground