My Illustrations at W Hotel New York - Times Square Part II

Wednesday, May 4, 2011



Bebe and I in front of Bebe illustrated


Tomo and I in front of Tomo illustrated

Me and my illustration

My work from the reception

Tomo sitting below a Joe Denaro

The brilliant Mara Louise Cespon



Breakfast in the penthouse with Pat, Minnie, and Elvis


View from the 57th floor overlooking Times Square

Jimmy and I

Model musings

Joe Denaro with models Dayna, Bebe, and Tomo




Hello Darlings,

How have you been?!! I'm so happy to FINALLY be back on my blog!! I apologize I've been away for SO long. I assure you I never forgot about my dear blogger friends. My travels through Los Angeles were so extraordinary but definitely exhausting. I took 5 flights in 10 days between NY, LA, and TO. I needed another 10 days just to recover. I can't wait to share my 'Postcard From Los Angeles' here on Travel Write Draw. Before I do, I wanted to reveal that two more of my illustrations were selected for the third and final installment of W Hotel's Drawing Inspiration fashion illustration series. This segment was titled 'Glances' which was so fitting for the works they selected. I was literally beside myself when they chose two more of my pieces.

The final show included works by my incredible FIT professors Janis Salek and Joe Denaro as well as a gorgeous piece by my extraordinary peer Mara Louise Cespon http://mara-louise.tumblr.com/ and myself. I can't begin to describe to you how much I admire Mara's work. Sometimes I literally stop illustrating in class just to watch her process. She is a true star!! This morning we attended the opening reception at the hotel which included a delicious breakfast in the penthouse suite!! Afterwards we returned to the Living Room Lounge to illustrate the beautiful Bebe, Dayna, and Tomo. Today was SO amazing, calm, and extra-special. Without the video cameras, my class drew as we always do in the most inspiring setting.

I have to thank once again the unbelievably talented, supportive, and hardworking Karen Santry for making this event possible. As a result of being included in the final installment, my family will have the opportunity to view my illustrations hanging in the hotel during their stay in New York. I have no idea when another opportunity such as this will present itself. But what I do know is that I'm humbled and grateful beyond belief for this chance of a lifetime. For those of you who are interested in viewing the show it will be on display from May 4th - June 3rd. Again, simply enter the lobby at 48th and Broadway and take the elevator up to the 7th floor. Thank-you again for your amazing tweets, comments, and to all the new followers. You Rock!!!!

Much love,
Meag xx

20 comments:

  1. great work!!!

    http://newbloodstyle-hautecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wonderful. There are times when words are not necessary. This is amazing! Can't wait to read about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your work being in the W hotel ! i really love all your work and i look forward to your post with your 'postcard from LA' . Keep up the amazing work !

    ReplyDelete
  4. all those beautiful, stylish people (including you and your friend tomo - finally i see her. you look adorable)...

    your illustrations are just wonderful. you must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait for your L.A trip photos ;)
    ;)

    Congrats for your work there ;) I just want to go to NY and see all these works ;)

    I like the hair cut if the model *-* STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! this is amazing. You look so happy and beautiful :)
    congratulations for your excellent work!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great! Your smile couldn't be bigger in the pictures hehe! I understand, if it was me I would be sooo happy. I'm even happy when I see your work over there!
    Priscella x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These all look SO amazing, you look like you're having a really good time in all these pictures :) It's so wonderful that your work could be exhibited in a place like this, everyone deserves to see your beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, good to see you back and your work looks absolutely awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your work, and I just discovered your blog!



    Meanz (Koi Story)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are amazing and inspiring! <3
    I am in awe of your talent.
    I'm so glad i discovered your blog.
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such an inspiration to me Meag! You seem to have bloomed so magically and elegantly! And I can totally see this as your style I love it!!
    I am also in love with your hot pink dress/tunic, so stunning on you! :)
    Sounds like you're becoming quite the jetsetter haha ;) so proud and excited for you missy!!
    Much Love
    xoxo
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my word! so glamorous!!! a little bit jealous too, hehe. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations a thousand times Meagan! Your artwork looks amazing and oh so posh. Love your pink dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You guys are all so incredibly amazing!! I did my best to respond to each of you and visit all of your blogs. I have a new post coming up soon. Can't believe I'm finished school in a week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats again, your illustrations look fantastic in a setting they deserve. You also look beautiful, of course.
    I pin a lot of your illustrations on Pinterest. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Alessandra WOW that is so fantastic, thank-you so much. I've never heard of Pinterest, must check that out xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hy, am eagerly waiting to you posting and am about your exhausting trip that you took 5 flights in 10 days to reach different places. Gatwick South Terminal Parking

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground